Your mood and behavior are not moral failings or the result of insufficient effort.
The body responds to stress and trauma in a manner largely determined by genetics, evolution, and the body's need to survive. Let us help you find relief from stressful or traumatic history and discover a kind and gentle path for moving forward in your life.
Intensive Outpatient Programming (IOP)
ASCEND provides a secure and professional environment conducive to growth, recovery, and excellence. Intensive Outpatient Programming (IOP) is intended to provide support and healing for individuals who are not able to adequately manage mood and anxiety or sustain healthy eating and personal safety with less intensive care.
Some believe that individuals do not recover from mental illness or eating disorders. At ASCEND, our belief is that recovery is possible for everyone given the appropriate care over an appropriate period of time. This level of care targets mood, anxiety, eating disorder symptoms, behavior, nutritional practices, and health. IOP occurs 9 to 12 hours weekly and typically 3 to 4 hours per day. Schedules are individually created.
When is IOP Recommended?
Transition Support - Individuals who are transitioning from more intensive care such as in-patient residential care, or partial hospitalization programming.
Reassessing a Treatment Plan - Individuals whose current treatment regimen may be insufficient to effect recovery
Co-Occurring Challenges - Individuals whose symptoms may be complex, long standing, co-occur with other disorders, or require more precisely targeted care
Additional Support - Individuals in a treatment prefer additional support in order to cope with newly emerging stress or crisis, reinforce learning, and sustain recovery
- Identify personal strengths
- Understand the role of emotions
- Control ED symptoms
- Improve your ability to tolerate distress
- oster healthy relationships
- Strengthen effective self-advocacy skills
- Develop a better healthy body image
- Preserve progress and prevent relapse
- re-define your relationship with food
- Conversation and connection with peers
- Guidance and support from licensed group leaders
- Personal attention and respect
- Inspiration through learning experience
- Healing through understanding and compassion
- Prescribed and facilitated by a Registered Dietitian
- Experiential meal/snack outings
- Professionally catered meals from Lettuce Entertain You
- Nutrition education
- Individual nutrition assessment
- Food exposure therapy for anxiety reduction
- Meal planning and individual support
The dedicated team at ASCEND understands that beginning treatment or starting new phases of care can be challenging. Close collaboration with ASCEND's professional team makes a difference. At ASCEND you can find a safe and knowledgeable space without blame and a professional environment where recovery moves forward. Great accomplishments happen with close collaboration. You are not alone in this process.